Sega Saturn Forums

Sega Saturn Forums - The Ultimate Sega Saturn Source - セガサターン

Your Saturn Goals

All other discussions regarding Sega Saturn belong in here.

Your Saturn Goals

Postby synbiosfan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:31 pm

What are your current short term and long term Saturn goals?

My current short term goal is to find a 3 pack Demo without the $15 off cardboard case.

Finding that would take care of my long term goal of having every Official Saturn Game/Demo released in North America.

Another long term goal is to get every licensed accessory in North America.

Try to keep this Saturn related. We can start another thread for other Sega items and non-Sega items.
Diabetes sucks!
synbiosfan

Re: Your Saturn Goals

Postby Madroms » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:46 pm

My long term goal is to complete my JPN demo collection. I am missing a few, but not the most expensive ones, the rarest ones ;)
Also, to have a complete listing of titles released for Sega Saturn at satakore.com I am sure we are missing some obscure South Korean, Chinese and/or Brazilian titles.

And I have so much short term goals that I can't list them all here :D Most of them are related to updating Satakore.com btw.
Madroms
Site Admin

Postby PXL » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:22 pm

It is a cool subject ! ^^

My short goal is to find a PAL baku baku in plastic case.

My final goal is to find all pal saturn games (except the spanish, italian and deutsch specific games) with also all the versions of pal games like for example the three Sega Rally : first in plastic case, second in standard case made in eu and last in standard case made in usa ^^

for the moment 85 gmaes miss to accomplish my goal
SEGA Saturn PAL : 262/281
PXL

Postby zyrobs » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:25 am

Document everything there is, so we have all Saturn related information as easy-to-access facts instead of speculations / rumors / maybes.
zyrobs

Postby sheath » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:38 pm

I don't have any specific goals, I'll just keep collecting games as I find out about them. If a US release is cheaper in the Jpn version I'll pick it up. If Japan got a PS1 port that the US did not I will pick it up for a comparison movie. I am currently watching Power Drift and Street Racer on ebay, but I haven't seen one for the right price at the right time.

That reminds me, is there a way to upload a .csv file or excel file for the main site so I don't have to enter my collection manually?
sheath

Postby Madroms » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 pm

sheath wrote:That reminds me, is there a way to upload a .csv file or excel file for the main site so I don't have to enter my collection manually?

Yes, there could be a way, but only for the completion field, not for all the items (unless you have already them listed on your xls file). Is it something with enough interest ?
If so, I will make a post for this.
If done, it will not be automatic. User will have to send me a well formatted .csv or .xls file then I will have to insert the data to the database myself.
Madroms
Site Admin

Postby zyrobs » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:50 am

Madroms wrote:
sheath wrote:That reminds me, is there a way to upload a .csv file or excel file for the main site so I don't have to enter my collection manually?

Yes, there could be a way, but only for the completion field, not for all the items (unless you have already them listed on your xls file). Is it something with enough interest ?
If so, I will make a post for this.
If done, it will not be automatic. User will have to send me a well formatted .csv or .xls file then I will have to insert the data to the database myself.

Unless a user uploads a csv/xls that is specifically formatted with the exact same names/serials that the site uses, it would be hell to do external imports.
zyrobs

Postby sheath » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Yeah, that's how I had to do it for my site too. Plus, allowing users to upload to the database can be hazardous for security.
sheath

Postby Murazame » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:45 am

My main goal is not a materialist one. Mine simply consists in writing at least 100 reviews (in french, sorry) for satakore :ugeek:
Collectionwise, i have almost finished to collect the games i wanted. I do not seek the jp fullset, only the games which look interesting to me or the ones with nice cover :oops:
Murazame

Postby Timemaster11 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:35 pm

My goals are documented here http://www.gameover-johnny.blogspot.com/ but in short it is to complete my US Saturn Set, I am a little over halfway I think.
~A Blog About Video Game Collecting~

http://gameover-johnny.blogspot.com/
Timemaster11

Next

Return to General Chat