Sega Saturn Forums

Sega Saturn Forums - The Ultimate Sega Saturn Source - セガサターン

What does your partner think of your collection?

All other discussions regarding Sega Saturn belong in here.

What does your partner think of your collection?

Postby synbiosfan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Whether it be your wife, husband, girlfriend or boyfriend, what does your significant other think of your Saturn collection or gaming in general?

My girlfriend of 20+ years (don't ask why we're not married :lol: ) is a gamer but thinks my collection is over the top. When I spent $1100 for a sealed Daytona Netlink she did give me a look but she quickly shrugged it off.

Since we're old (mid 40's), we were around to see the Arcades in their prime over here and have many fond memories of our times spent there. When turning on my Saturn or NeoGeo, all I hear is "Where's my controller?" and if it's the Saturn, I also hear "You'd better not have been planning to play Shining Force again!" :P

We've never had any arguments except for the time I had some games stolen from a storage facility she made me...err...she strongly suggested I use. You lose about $1500 worth of games/dvd collections/equipment and you're going to want to have an argument too :lol:

So my girlfriend is fine with my collecting, how does your significant other feel?
494/1960 Total
256/256 US
13/13 US Demo

Diabetes sucks!
synbiosfan

Re: What does your partner think of your collection?

Postby Madroms » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:09 am

Mine is not really a gamer, but she understand my passion and help me on my collection.
This is important to have someone who are against your passion, else you will probably be have a hard life :D
Madroms
Site Admin

Postby Timemaster11 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:02 am

My wife is totally awesome about it, we talk if I am ever buying a lot or specific game over $200 but aside from that she is cool with it. She plays games but is not a hardcore gamer but she does love her pokemon, sonic and Mario games. The only time she complains is when my collection starts spilling itself all over our house, which isn't unreasonable.
~A Blog About Video Game Collecting~

http://gameover-johnny.blogspot.com/
Timemaster11

Postby deadpixels » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:13 pm

My wife has always fully endorsed and been an active participant in growing our collection. Hell, our first arcade purchase actually happened after she and I both woke up from having a totally random dream about buying a Neo Geo cabinet. Lo and behold we looked on eBay over coffee and the first result was one in our town. She got in a bid war that day while I was at work and by the time I got home it was ours.

Since then she decided our old apartment didn't need a dining room as much as it needed an arcade, so she was totally cool with us filling it with cabinets instead. Now that we have our house, both the family room and living room, as well as the downstairs office have all become places to hoard games, systems, and cabinets and she still doesn't have any complaints. I consider myself very lucky to have a wife who not only tolerates but fully supports the gaming addiction. She's the best. :D
deadpixels

Return to General Chat